Welcome to my Linkatopia. I like music, photography, drones, and welding. I'm currently rebuilding this entire site, and adding more cool features. Remember MySpace? Soon you'll be able to customize your Linkatopia page like you did with MySpace =)
- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- | Jul 3, 2019
- A Stoic Guide To Navigating The Modern Workplace | RyanHoliday.net
- | Apr 25, 2018
- 10 Schools of Philosophy and Why You Should Know Them | Big Think
- | Dec 18, 2017
- Give it five minutes '" Signal v. Noise
- | Nov 29, 2015
- You Think You Know Someone, and Then He Gets on a Stage and Blows Your Mind
- Interesting video of Matt Damon reading a speech by Howard Zinn. The comments are interesting as well.
- | Nov 23, 2013
- The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity
- Whether I considered a large university or a small college, a famous institution or an obscure one, I found that the same fraction Ï of the professors are stupid.
- | May 21, 2011
- Brendan Nyhan - Robert Wood Johnson Scholar in Health Policy Research, Universit
- | Apr 19, 2011
- Ishmael (novel) - Wikipedia
- Read this one. Great book!! Highly Recommended!!
- | Dec 20, 2010
- Technological singularity - Wikipedia
- ...the short-term emergence of a self-improving artificial intelligence or superintelligence that is so much beyond humans' present capabilities that it becomes impossible to understand it with present conceptions.
- | Dec 22, 2009
- Erich Fromm - Wikipedia
- Really interesting philosopher who talks about three escape mechanisms people use to give up their freedom: conforming to society, submitting to authority, and destructiveness.
- | Jun 1, 2009
- Ontology - Wikipedia
- Ontology studies being or existence and their basic categories and relationships, to determine what entities and what types of entities exist. Ontology thus has strong implications for conceptions of reality.
- | Jun 1, 2008
- The Thought of a Thought - Edgar Allan Poe
- Great discussion of Poe's "Eureka".
"Only when Hubble observed the dynamic expansion of the Universe did Einstein finally discard that prejudice and recognize the necessity of Poe's premise of a dynamic Universe with a finite past..."
- | Aug 18, 2007
- Rudyard Kipling's "IF"
- If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;
- | Jul 30, 2007
- Misanthropy - Wikipedia
- Interesting. Mentions Franz Kafka, Kurt Vonnegut, Sherlock Holmes, and George Carlin.
- | Apr 26, 2007
- Aleister Crowley - Wikipedia
- | Mar 12, 2007
- anti-state.com Newbie/Antagonist Board
- Interesting intellectual discussions about various forms of government.
- | Dec 11, 2006
- Friedrich Nietzsche - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- | May 10, 2006
- Nihilism - Wikipedia
- | May 10, 2006