Tom Carter of San Francisco is an internationally published freelance photographer and travel writer specializing in the People's Republic of China.
[add to friends|email]
view: column | group | hide
||May 24, 2012 23:05
Invite a Friend
- Carter: Getting Book Reviewed "Frustrating"
- Getting the book reviewed has been even more frustrating; there is a certain bias in the mainstream press against indie books like mine; we tend to get passed over by well-financed authors.
- | Aug 22, 2010
- Carter: "Send all High School Grads to a Developing Country"
- "America ought to enact a requisite travel-abroad program for all high-school graduates to work or teach in a developing country for a year, like a compulsory Peace Corps."
- | Aug 6, 2010
- Tom Carter's Advice for Aspiring Photographers and Authors
- From sending query letters to publishers, to negotiating contracts and terms, to designing your layout, to fighting with editors, to getting reviewed in the press to finding a book-store distributor, Tom Carter shares it all in this exclusive interview.
- | Jul 11, 2010
- Photography Book Review of Biblical Proportions
- Can an independently published photo book defeat a well-financed European publisher?
- | Jan 9, 2009